"Configuration Errors"

Sakti Anupindi
Hi,
 I am attaching ./configure results, which appear to be correct.  But when
i am using make install it gives errors in qldefines.hpp file.  They
appear to be incompatible. Please guide thanks in advance sakti

configure: loading cache /dev/null
checking for a BSD compatible install... config/install-sh -c
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for a BSD compatible install... config/install-sh -c
checking for ranlib... :
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... ok
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) :
checking for strip... :
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... no
checking if we can lock with hard links... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
*** Warning: Releases of GCC earlier than version 3.0 cannot reliably
*** create self contained shared libraries on Solaris systems, without
*** introducing a dependency on libgcc.a.  Therefore, libtool is disabling
*** -no-undefined support, which will at least allow you to build shared
*** libraries.  However, you may find that when you link such libraries
*** into an application without using GCC, you have to manually add
*** `gcc --print-libgcc-file-name` to the link command.  We urge you to
*** upgrade to a newer version of GCC.  Another option is to rebuild your
*** current GCC to use the GNU linker from GNU binutils 2.9.1 or newer.

yes
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.5.1 ld.so
creating libtool
checking for sed... /usr/ucb/sed
checking if C++ compiler supports namespaces (required)... no
checking if C++ environment has working string class (required)... yes
checking for math.h... yes
checking for cmath... yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
checking for cctype... yes
checking for ctime... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking for limits... no
checking for climits... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for float.h... yes
checking if C++ environment has sqrt... found
checking if C++ environment has fabs... found
checking if C++ environment has exp... found
checking if C++ environment has log... found
checking if C++ environment has sin... found
checking if C++ environment has cos... found
checking if C++ environment has pow... found
checking if C++ environment has modf... found
checking if C++ environment has toupper... found
checking if C++ environment has strlen... found
checking if C++ environment has tolower... found
checking if C++ environment has clock... found
checking if C++ environment has time... found
checking if C++ environment has max... found
checking if C++ environment has min... found
checking if C++ environment has iterator... not found
checking if C++ environment has iterator_traits... not found
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Calendars/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/CashFlows/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/DayCounters/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/FiniteDifferences/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Indexes/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Instruments/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Math/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/MonteCarlo/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Patterns/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Pricers/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Solvers1D/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/TermStructures/Makefile
config.status: creating ql/Utilities/Makefile
config.status: creating Examples/Makefile
config.status: creating Examples/Parities/Makefile
config.status: creating Examples/DiscreteHedging/Makefile
config.status: creating quantlib-config
config.status: creating ql/config.hpp

config.status: ql/config.hpp is unchanged

Re: "Configuration Errors"

enrico.sirola-3
Hi,
can you please post the errors you get while installing? That would
help a lot.
Regards,
enri
--
Enrico Sirola <[hidden email]>
gpg public key available from wwwkeys.pgp.net

"Configuration errors: As asked by Enrico Salas

Sakti Anupindi