Including quantlib.hpp in Linux

Grześ Andruszkiewicz
Hi,

I am trying to compile my stuff against Quantlib in Debian Testing
(with quantlib installed from the standard package), but when I try to
include the mail file <quantlib.hpp> then I get the following
compilation error:

/usr/include/ql/experimental/math/autocovariance.hpp:47:78: error: no
matching function for call to
‘transform(std::vector<std::complex<double> >::iterator,
std::vector<std::complex<double> >::iterator,
QuantLib::Array::iterator, <unresolved overloaded function type>)’

Any ideas?

Grzegorz

Re: Including quantlib.hpp in Linux

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 17 February 2013 at 20:54, Grześ Andruszkiewicz wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I am trying to compile my stuff against Quantlib in Debian Testing
| (with quantlib installed from the standard package), but when I try to
| include the mail file <quantlib.hpp> then I get the following
| compilation error:
|
| /usr/include/ql/experimental/math/autocovariance.hpp:47:78: error: no
| matching function for call to
| ‘transform(std::vector<std::complex<double> >::iterator,
| std::vector<std::complex<double> >::iterator,
| QuantLib::Array::iterator, <unresolved overloaded function type>)’
|
| Any ideas?

A small reproducible examples would help. It may be the header file order
which upsets things. But that is just a guess.

Dirk

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel | [hidden email] | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com

Re: Including quantlib.hpp in Linux

Hi Grzegorz,
    if it's still of any interest (apologies for the delay) this was
fixed in 1.2.1, but it still hasn't made it into Debian.  You can
either download 1.2.1 from the QuantLib site, or patch your Debian
installation.  The required patch is the one at
<https://github.com/lballabio/quantlib-1.2/commit/cf0afdfced766903948f3faf5523ca29a879a2f4>.

Luigi

On 18 March 2013 at 15:10, Luigi Ballabio wrote:
| Hi Grzegorz,
|     if it's still of any interest (apologies for the delay) this was
| fixed in 1.2.1, but it still hasn't made it into Debian.  You can
| either download 1.2.1 from the QuantLib site, or patch your Debian
| installation.  The required patch is the one at
| <https://github.com/lballabio/quantlib-1.2/commit/cf0afdfced766903948f3faf5523ca29a879a2f4>.

If the fix is in the released 1.2.1, then the Debian package for 1.2.1 will
have it to.

That package is however in 'sid' aka 'unstable', not testing, see

     http://packages.debian.org/quantlib

I cannot alter the package in testing, we have to wait til it migrates down
from unstable.

Dirk