Monte Carlo with InterestRate Modelling...

Monte Carlo with InterestRate Modelling...

Toyin Akin-3
Hi,

You guys now have analytical and tree pricers with the use of your new InterestRateModelling
framework. Do you guys tend to integrate this with your MonteCarlo framework too?
Please say yes!!

By the way, your stuff does not complie against VC++7. Looks like Microsoft have changed all the
template logic again... Have fun.

Toy.

Re: Monte Carlo with InterestRate Modelling...

Toyin Akin-3
Hi,

I have no idea as I'm purely a microsoft developer.
However because QuantLib uses STL heavily, I would suspect that any version
of borland which is ANSI compliant and has full support for STL
(I don't think this includes rougewaves version) should work.

But this is probably a question for the QuantLib boys...

Toy.

Can someone tell me what is the oldest (if any) borland C++ that
quantlib will compile and run on.
thanks
grs

Re: Monte Carlo with InterestRate Modelling...

Luigi Ballabio-4

George,
         I'm routinely using QuantLib with the free Borland command-line
compiler version 5.5.1. I'm afraid I don't know whether it compiles with
older ones. But as Toyin pointed out, a certain level of compliance with
the standard is required. Then again, maybe not that much, since Visual C++
6 compiles :)

Bye,

At 07:14 PM 3/11/02 +0000, Toyin Akin wrote:
>You guys now have analytical and tree pricers with the use of your new
>InterestRateModelling
>framework. Do you guys tend to integrate this with your MonteCarlo
>framework too?
>Please say yes!!

Let's say "eventually".

>By the way, your stuff does not complie against VC++7. Looks like
>Microsoft have changed all the
>template logic again... Have fun.

Can you provide the list of errors/warnings? You can send it to me directly
so that we don't pollute the list.

I'm not that worried, though. I hope they just made their compiler more
compliant, not less, so that it should be enough to change a few macros we
had to introduce to work around VC6 lack of compliance.

Bye,
         Luigi