Purpose of .m4 files

MoonDragon
Hi,

I would like to know the purpose of .m4. Using google i've understood that they are for information, however their contains for QuantLib are codes. Also i would to know how they are called in QuantLib C++ core codes.

Thanks in advance for your help,

MoonDragon

Re: Purpose of .m4 files

Luigi Ballabio
They's for autotools, see <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/>.
You won't use them on Windows.

Luigi

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM, MoonDragon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know the purpose of .m4. Using google i've understood that
> they are for information, however their contains for QuantLib are codes.
> Also i would to know how they are called in QuantLib C++ core codes.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> MoonDragon

Re: Purpose of .m4 files

Luigi Ballabio
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Luigi Ballabio
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> They's for autotools

"They're", of course.  A botched edit.  I wasn't trying to do a
regional impression :)