Unresolved Externals

Andre Louw-2
Hi,

I have now done the following:

        1) "make clean" on QuantLib
        2) "python setup.py clean" on QuantLib-SWIG/Python
        3) rm -rf `locate QuantLib.so` - this also removed "_QuantLib.so"
        4) rm -rf `locate QuantLib.py`

        5) "make install" on QuantLib
        6) "python setup.py wrap & install" on QuantLib-SWIG/Python

alas, I still get the same unresolved:

>> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/QuantLib/_QuantLib.so:
undefined symbol:
>> _ZNK8QuantLib28BlackVolatilityTermStructure17blackVarianceImplEddb

Any other suggestions?

Andre

Re: Unresolved Externals

Luigi Ballabio-2
At 11:36 AM 7/2/03 +0200, Andre Louw wrote:

>I have now done the following:
>
>         1) "make clean" on QuantLib
>         2) "python setup.py clean" on QuantLib-SWIG/Python
>         3) rm -rf `locate QuantLib.so` - this also removed "_QuantLib.so"
>         4) rm -rf `locate QuantLib.py`
>
>         5) "make install" on QuantLib
>         6) "python setup.py wrap & install" on QuantLib-SWIG/Python
>
>alas, I still get the same unresolved:
>
> >> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/QuantLib/_QuantLib.so:
>undefined symbol:
> >> _ZNK8QuantLib28BlackVolatilityTermStructure17blackVarianceImplEddb
>
>Any other suggestions?

Were QuantLib and QuantLib-SWIG both the latest version from CVS?

Later,

RE: Unresolved Externals

Andre Louw-2
> >I have now done the following:
> >
> >         1) "make clean" on QuantLib
> >         2) "python setup.py clean" on QuantLib-SWIG/Python
> >         3) rm -rf `locate QuantLib.so` - this also removed
> "_QuantLib.so"
> >         4) rm -rf `locate QuantLib.py`
> >
> >         5) "make install" on QuantLib
> >         6) "python setup.py wrap & install" on QuantLib-SWIG/Python
> >
> >alas, I still get the same unresolved:

> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/QuantLib/_QuantLib.so:
> >undefined symbol:
> > >>
> _ZNK8QuantLib28BlackVolatilityTermStructure17blackVarianceImplEddb
> >
> >Any other suggestions?
>
> Were QuantLib and QuantLib-SWIG both the latest version from CVS?

Luigi,

I did a CVS update of both projects directly after each other, so I would
assume I have the latest source.

I'm still worried that I might have an old version of something lying around
- please confirm that deleting all QuantLib.so*, _QuantLib.so, QuantLib.py,
QuantLib.pyc files should do the trick?

Andre

RE: Unresolved Externals

Luigi Ballabio-2
At 12:26 PM 7/2/03 +0200, Andre Louw wrote:
>I did a CVS update of both projects directly after each other, so I would
>assume I have the latest source.
>
>I'm still worried that I might have an old version of something lying around
>- please confirm that deleting all QuantLib.so*, _QuantLib.so, QuantLib.py,
>QuantLib.pyc files should do the trick?

It should. Maybe a
$ locate QuantLib | grep /usr
would round up some more suspects... also, when you've located your
(hopefully unique) libQuantLib.so,
$ nm /usr/local/lib/libQuantLib.so | grep blackVarianceImpl
(or wherever it's installed if not /usr/local/lib) should tell you whether
the missing external is actually defined.

Later,

RE: Unresolved Externals

Andre Louw-2
Luigi wrote:

> $ nm /usr/local/lib/libQuantLib.so | grep blackVarianceImpl
> (or wherever it's installed if not /usr/local/lib) should
> tell you whether
> the missing external is actually defined.

I am now totally confused. I have only 1 version of libQuantLib.so located
in /usr/local/lib and it _does_ define the missing external. Sorry to be
such a pain but I'm now stumped!

Andre

RE: Unresolved Externals

Luigi Ballabio-2
At 03:14 PM 7/2/03 +0200, Andre Louw wrote:

>Luigi wrote:
>
> > $ nm /usr/local/lib/libQuantLib.so | grep blackVarianceImpl
> > (or wherever it's installed if not /usr/local/lib) should
> > tell you whether
> > the missing external is actually defined.
>
>I am now totally confused. I have only 1 version of libQuantLib.so located
>in /usr/local/lib and it _does_ define the missing external. Sorry to be
>such a pain but I'm now stumped!

Maybe for some reason it's not finding the library altogether? Try checking
that ld.so.conf contains an entry for /usr/local/lib (the file should be in
/etc), run ldconfig and try again.

HTH,
         Luigi