erf and inverse erf

Keith A. Lewis

Here is a link to high precision routines by T. Ooura for these functions: http://xllbms.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9909#143295.

And some not so high precision routines: http://xllbms.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9909#143299.

kal

Re: erf and inverse erf

Kim Kuen Tang

Using another library will add complexity into the project which is then harder to maintain.

Since boost::math already provides these functions the existing functions should just be replaced.

Am 12.10.2011 13:49, schrieb Keith A. Lewis:

Here is a link to high precision routines by T. Ooura for these functions: http://xllbms.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9909#143295.

And some not so high precision routines: http://xllbms.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9909#143299.

kal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a definitive record of customers, application performance, security threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-oct

Re: erf and inverse erf

Hi Keith,
        what's the license on that code?

Luigi

On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 07:49 -0400, Keith A. Lewis wrote:

> Here is a link to high precision routines by T. Ooura for these
> functions:
> http://xllbms.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9909#143295.
>

> And some not so high precision routines:
> http://xllbms.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9909#143299.
>

> kal

Vin: It's like this fellow I knew in El Paso. One day, he just took
all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. I asked him that
same question, "Why?"
Calvera: And?
Vin: He said, "It seemed like a good idea at the time."
-- The Magnificent Seven