license for new QuantLib binding

Jerry Jin
Hello, QuantLib community

I'm planning to open source my project, it's a binding of QuantLib, is it ok to use MIT license for my project, or should I use the same license of QuantLib/QuantLibAddin?

Regards
Jerry

Re: license for new QuantLib binding

Luigi Ballabio
Hi Jerry,
    there's no requirement on our part, so you can use whatever license you prefer for your bindings.  The downside of using another license might be that, since your users will need both QuantLib and your bindings, having two different licenses might be a bit confusing for them. But it's probably not a big issue.

Regards,
    Luigi

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 12:27 PM Jerry Jin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, QuantLib community

I'm planning to open source my project, it's a binding of QuantLib, is it ok to use MIT license for my project, or should I use the same license of QuantLib/QuantLibAddin?

Regards
Jerry

Re: license for new QuantLib binding

Ferdinando Ametrano-4
The QuantLib license is the MIT licence: it has been unfortunate that we worded our choice as the "QuantLib licence", whereas we just meant it as the "license adopted by QuantLib".
The QuantLib license is verbatim the MIT licence.
Luigi: it might be worth to clear this one on web site and in all the files in our codebase

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Jerry Jin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, QuantLib community

I'm planning to open source my project, it's a binding of QuantLib, is it ok to use MIT license for my project, or should I use the same license of QuantLib/QuantLibAddin?

Regards
Jerry

Re: license for new QuantLib binding

Jerry Jin
Hi Luigi

I open sourced my Node.js binding for quantlib, it's based on QuantLibAddon project.

Regards
Jerry

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Ferdinando M. Ametrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
The QuantLib license is the MIT licence: it has been unfortunate that we worded our choice as the "QuantLib licence", whereas we just meant it as the "license adopted by QuantLib".
The QuantLib license is verbatim the MIT licence.
Luigi: it might be worth to clear this one on web site and in all the files in our codebase

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Jerry Jin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, QuantLib community

I'm planning to open source my project, it's a binding of QuantLib, is it ok to use MIT license for my project, or should I use the same license of QuantLib/QuantLibAddin?

Regards
Jerry

Re: license for new QuantLib binding

Luigi Ballabio
Hi Jerry,
    apologies for the delay. I added a link to your project from <http://quantlib.org/extensions.shtml>.

Luigi

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 3:51 AM Jerry Jin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you!

Regards
Jerry

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 at 5:40 PM, Luigi Ballabio <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Training and support from Colfax.

Training and support from Colfax.

Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi_______________________________________________