please check links/files/site for QuantLib 0.3.3 release

please check links/files/site for QuantLib 0.3.3 release

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-3
Hi all

the 0.3.3 release is on-line at the not-public page
http://quantlib.org/nextrelease.html

I would ask you all to check links, files, and descriptions. Especially
please check that all downloaded files are not corrupted. I will check all
Win32 links/files, and I assume :) that Luigi will check all Unix
links/files except RPMs (Linguo?) and Debian (Dirk?)

Should I make cpp-unit RPMs available on QuantLib? I don't think so...
Linguo, why don't you get in touch with the cpp-unit team and offer them
the RPMs?

I can correct/fix/upload anything tomorrow, then on Wednesday the 0.3.3
will be officially released. Please note that on Wednesday I will be on
vacation, with low-band and limited time available for QuantLib :)

Feel free to browse the quantlib.org site for general fixes/suggestions/updates

thank you everybody for the work on 0.3.3

------------
ciao -- Nando

Re: please check links/files/site for QuantLib 0.3.3 release

Dirk Eddelbuettel
On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 06:57:56PM +0200, Ferdinando Ametrano wrote:
> I would ask you all to check links, files, and descriptions. Especially
> please check that all downloaded files are not corrupted. I will check all
> Win32 links/files, and I assume :) that Luigi will check all Unix
> links/files except RPMs (Linguo?) and Debian (Dirk?)

I am confused as to what you want to do. 0.3.3 packages (ql, ql-python,
ql-ruby and two doc packages with pdf and html) have been updated and are
available for some ten or so architectures from hundreds of mirrors?
Do you want all of those on the top-level page?

Do you want the links to the doc package(s):
$MACHINE/debian/pool/main/q/quantlib-refman/ works for the pdf docs, the
html variant is a 'new' package and is not yet there (probably by next
weekend)

Other than that, it would probably help to just show a simple

      $ apt-get update; apt-get install quantlib-examples \
      quantlib-refman libquantlib0-dev

which will also install the library itself, given proper apt-get source file
settings.

Let me know how I can help,  Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx

Re: please check links/files/site for QuantLib 0.3.3 release

Ferdinando M. Ametrano-3
Dirk:

>I am confused as to what you want to do.
I am confused too :)

Jokes aside, Debian should have no problems, especially because we're not
providing files but only links. I just would like to be sure I'm providing
the right links (http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/quantlib)

For other RPMs and Unix files we're providing the files, and I would like
to be sure the files I've uploaded are not corrupted (as it happened in the
past)

thank you

ciao -- Nando

Re: please check links/files/site for QuantLib 0.3.3 release

Liguo Song
Hi, Nando,

All the RPMs are OK, and ready for release.

The src RPM is missing. Obviously, I forget to put it to
  http://nlog.phy.vanderbilt.edu/SoftwareProjects/QuantLib/

Sorry for the mess up. Can you upload it to sourceforge also?

I will talk to CppUnit team about the cppunit RPMS.

Have a good vacation.

Liguo

At 01:23 PM 9/1/2003 -0500, Liguo Song wrote:
>All the RPMs are OK, and ready for release.
thank you

>The src RPM is missing. Obviously, I forget to put it to
>  http://nlog.phy.vanderbilt.edu/SoftwareProjects/QuantLib/
>
>Sorry for the mess up. Can you upload it to sourceforge also?
it now on-line

>I will talk to CppUnit team about the cppunit RPMS.
great

ciao -- Nando